Monday, May 26, 2014

Chapel Hill



i’m so vain,
i’m so petty
 care more about
 being pretty
than i do about
being happy
there is no glory
without vainglory
na na na

maybe it was
tim mc veigh
and smiling
watching
 9/11
daniel sylva
Crack, AIDS; I laughed the whole time
watching the kids die during Columbine
seem like everybody knew
just one thing was true
look me in the eyes and say
It couldn’t happen to you
I might try to burn down
the fucking school
i'm in the third grade
i’d shoot you in the face
say i’m an outlaw vigilante
I’d threaten to rape your children
in a densely cowed public place

Attempted abduction of a girl on crutches
first thoughts figure its all in decent taste
can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same
didn’t get away and it’s a fucking shame

Thinking all the things that I would have done
Only child that premeditating child abduction
Only fucking kid laying trails of bubblegum
Hansel and Grettle pick up my breadcrumbs

My childhood heroes killed more people
than you and every single fucking G.I. Joe
Your grandfather and Cobra Commander
I feel I’ve got to be honest, Artists and Caesar,
but mainly Communists and Black Panthers

television is my novocain; higher than a fucking plane
it’s great to be alive cause when I don’t feel anything

No comments:

Post a Comment